As we put the final preparations in place for this year’s race, we’re sharing “26 Tips for 26.2 Miles” to make sure you’re ready to go on race day. Click here to read them all, or follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Race Week is here for the 2015 Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon & 1/2 Marathon. We want to ensure that you and anyone interested in your race has the latest information possible. Getting this is info is easy to do for anyone, anywhere. Here’s how you can follow the Columbus Marathon online for live race day updates, photos and more.
- RTRT.ME ALL-NEW APP AND WEBTRACKER: The Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon & 1/2 Marathon has partnered with Real-Time Race Tracking for several years and for the first year, we are proud to offer the official NCHCM RTRT.me app for I-Phone and Android for participants and spectators alike. Highlights of the RTRT.me app include:• Participant times, paces, estimates, and places in real-time
• Interactive Course Map & Live Map Tracking
• Easy tracking of multiple participants at the same time
• PUSH Notifications as progress is made on course
• Event Info
• Live Leaderboards
• Social Sharing & Notifications
Users can also access many of the same features on the RTRT.me Webtracker.
- TWITTER: We’ll be monitoring and live-tweeting from @CbusMarathon – posting race updates, answering questions, and chatting with athletes and spectators. You can also use and follow the #CbusMarathon hashtag to share your race-day experiences and join in on the excitement.
- FACEBOOK: We’ll be on our Facebook page throughout the race posting behind-the-scenes photos and important updates. Be sure to “like” us to get the scoop!
- INSTAGRAM: Follow @CbusMarathon on race day for live photos and videos of scenes from around the course, from both the Columbus Marathon social team and a few of the athletes themselves. Want to share your race day photos with us? Just include the #cbusmarathon hashtag to your pics.
- COLUMBUS MARATHON BLOG: We will update the blog from the Start and Finish Lines with videos, photos, announcements and more.
- FOURSQUARE: Don’t forget to check-in on Fourquare, where we will have a special event to learn more about the race and race experience.
This is one of the best days of the year for our race team, and we can’t wait to share updates and talk with you during the race. Please keep in mind there will be thousands of volunteers, medical personnel and safety officials stationed along the course. If you have a question, simply walk up and connect with them in person. And if you aren’t able to be one of our 100,000 spectators, here’s a link to learn about how you can track the race from anywhere in the world.