Hard to believe our (second) favorite day of the year is tomorrow!
National Running Day, held annually on the first Wednesday in June, is a coast-to-coast celebration of running – a day when runners everywhere declare their passion for the sport.
Ready to declare your passion? Here are five ways to celebrate National Running Day this year:
- Go for a run: Morning or evening. On your own or in a group. Two miles or twenty. Whatever the circumstances, you’ve got to get a run in on National Running Day. (It is what the day celebrates, after all!) You could also participate in one of 140+ National Running Day meetups happening across the country.
- Join a running group: Running groups are a great way to help you achieve your running goals. Need help finding a group to join? Check out RunthePlanet.com for a list of local running clubs across throughout the US.
- Show the world – or us, at least! – how you’re celebrating: Tweet, pin or share a photo of your run with us on social media. You can find us on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook.
- Sign up to run a race: Need a little extra motivation to sign up for your next marathon, half-marathon or 5K? Here it is! (Hint: We hear there’s a pretty cool one coming up in Columbus on October 20 … Register here!)
- Make a difference: Did you know that in the last 20 years runners have raised over a billion dollars for great causes in races and events worldwide? Donate to The One Fund Boston. Nominate a Miracle Mile Patient Champion. Whatever you do, make this year’s Running Day count.
For more ideas, visit http://www.runningday.org/. Tell us: How are you celebrating?