We as the Psyching Team have been humbled by the warm reception and excitement we’ve received from race organizers, staff, and registrants! So much excitement, in fact, that we’ve heard the request for MORE resources.
As a firm believer in over-resourcing people, I have put together a reading list for runners and walkers who want to dig in to the idea of mental training. Some of these books are purely about the topic, while some are more comprehensive training guides with fabulous sections on the mental aspect.
“Get Psyched” Reading List:
- Ultimate Marathon Training Guide – Hal Higdon
- Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner – Alan Sillitoe
- Running Science – Owen Anderson
- The Lore of Running – Tim Noakes
- Unleash the Champion – Denny Dicke
- The Competitive Edge – Richard Elliott
- The Spirit of the Marathon – Gail Kislevitz
- On Top of Your Game – Carrie Cheadle
- Grateful Running: Mental Training for the Long Distance Runner – Grayson Kimball
- 10-Minute Toughness – Jason Selk
What other reads/resources do you recommend? Feel free to add your own suggestions in the comments and be sure to join us on September 21st at noon for our next “Get Psyched” Psyching Team seminar!