As we put the final preparations in place for this year’s race, we’ll be sharing “26 Tips for 26.2 Miles” to make sure you’re ready to go on race day. Click here to read them all, or follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
You’ve trained, you’ve tapered, you’ve psyched yourself up … You’re SO ready to make this year’s Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon & 1/2 Marathon your best race ever.
Only one thing now stands in your way of crossing the Finish Line, and it just so happens to be today’s tip: Don’t forget to pick up your race packet at the Health & Fitness Expo!
First and foremost, please remember that the Expo is the only place you can pick up your race day packet; We repeat, THERE IS NO RACE DAY PACKET PICKUP. You’ll need your photo ID to pick up your packet, as well as a bag full of goodies and your BibTag timing device.
If you can’t make it to the Expo, please note this year’s updated guidelines for picking up a packet for someone else:
To pick up a race number for someone else, a person must have a copy of the other person’s picture ID, as well as their own. There will be a table outside the main entrance to the Expo with a large sign that reads, “PICKING UP FOR OTHERS? START HERE.” You will need to fill out a brief form providing contact information, and once both IDs are approved, the form will receive a stamp. You will then proceed to packet pickup with the approved form. You will not need to present your ID or the copy of the other person’s ID again.
The Health & Fitness Expo features more than 120 sports and fitness booths and attracts more than 50,000 people in a two-day period. The 2013 Expo will be held in the Battelle Grand Ballroom of the Greater Columbus Convention Center (400 N. High Street).
- Friday, October 18: Noon – 7 p.m.
- Saturday, October 19: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
EXPO HAPPY HOUR
Visit the Expo from 2-4 p.m. on Friday to score some amazing bargains and special offers from participating vendors. You can find the full list of deals by clicking here.
EXPO SEMINAR SCHEDULE
We have a full set of expert speakers ready to offer you information, advice and wisdom during this year’s Health & Fitness Expo seminars on Saturday, October 19. No sign-up is necessary, but remember seating is limited. Here is the line-up:
- Noon: “Get Psyched – Mental Training Tips” with the Columbus Marathon Psych Team
- 1 p.m.: “The Doctor Is In” with Medical Director Dr. Darrin Bright
- 2 p.m.: “Pace Team Basics & Race Day Tips” with the ClifBar Pace Team
- 3 p.m.: “What’s New?” with Race Director Darris Blackford
- 4 p.m.: “Women’s Running and Walking”
- 5 p.m.: “It’s All About the Kids – Meet the Patient Champions”
Here are a few additional need-to-know details about this year’s Expo and packet pickup:
- RACE NUMBERS WILL NOT BE MAILED: We do not have access to our race numbers and event shirts until the Expo opens on Friday. All runners and walkers must visit the Expo to obtain these items.
- NO ID, NO NUMBER: Your race number will not be released to you without appropriate picture ID. Your picture ID is all you need to pick up your number.
- SHIRT DISTRIBUTION: Athletes will receive a shirt for the event in which they are officially registered. Athletes may not switch shirts between events.
- WARNING REGARDING UNOFFICIAL TRANSFERS: The unofficial sale or transfer of race numbers (i.e.: a transfer not conducted through our registration system or explicitly approved by our Registration Coordinator) is not permitted. Anyone wearing a race number is bound by the rules and any and all language of the registration waiver, regardless of whether the waiver was accepted by the person wearing the number.
- RACE NUMBER REQUIRED FOR ACCESS TO START AREA: Due to increased security measures, the Start Area will be limited to athletes only. This area includes the Start Corrals, Start Area Information Booth, Gear Check, Start Line Medical Station and Start Line Fluid Station. Your race number will be required for access to these areas. Security will be present.