As we put the final preparations in place for this year’s race, we’ll be sharing “26 Tips for 26.2 Miles” to make sure you’re ready to go on race day. Click here to read them all, or follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
After months of training and anticipation over these last few months, we can’t believe the 2013 Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon & 1/2 Marathon is almost here! First, we want to say thank you one more time for signing up this year. We’ve been so inspired by your commitment and enthusiasm and we’re SO EXCITED to see you all at the Start Line!
That said, we want to use today’s tip to share a few last-minute reminders for Sunday:
- Download and read the 2013 Instruction booklet – We’ve created a handy booklet with all of the information our athletes and spectators need to know to have an incredible race day experience. You can download the PDF booklet here.
- Pick up your race packet during the Health & Fitness Expo – There is no race day packet pickup so you need to get yours during the Expo on Friday from noon to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. If you can’t make it, a friend or family member can pick up your packet as long as they have a copy of your picture ID and their own.
- Be in your corral no later than 7 a.m. – We want to get the race started as efficiently as possible, so we need you to be in the right place at the right time. Again, corrals are open from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. so you must be in yours by 7 a.m.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff on race day – Have you mapped out your route to get downtown Sunday morning? Review the street closures and parking options one more time so you have a plan in place.
- Safety first – The Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon & 1/2 Marathon takes pride in its efforts to provide a safe and secure event. We’ve added a few new measures this year, so please be sure to review this year’s safety precautions before Sunday. Remember: Your safety is our number one priority!
- Sign up for real-time race tracking – Want to share your split times with friends and family via Facebook, Twitter or text? Sign up today for RTRT.me.
- Don’t fold or bend your BibTag timing device – Wear your timing device on the outside of your clothing. If you plan to shed layers, be sure to lift additional layers out of the way as you cross the Start Line so your BibTag is visible and can pick up sensors.
- Medical information: This year we are stressing more than ever that all runners PLEASE fill out the Medical Information on the back of your bib number.
- Carb-load with fellow marathoners before the race – Join us for a pre-race spaghetti dinner on Saturday, October 19, at Trinity Episcopal Church. Meet up and chat with fellow athletes while getting on last carb-loaded meal in your system. Dinner begins at 5:30 p.m.; Click here for additional details.
- Take a Shuttle to The ‘Shoe – Want to spectate from The ‘Shoe AND be able to cheer athletes on as they cross the Finish Line? Don’t sweat it, because we’ll have shuttles running back and forth between these two locations so you don’t miss a moment.
- HAVE FUN – Whether you finish first or last, have fun and be proud of everything you’ve accomplished. You’re running a (1/2) marathon, and that’s kind of a big deal.