Registration for the 2014 Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon & 1/2 Marathon opens on Sunday but if you’re like us, you just can’t contain your excitement to one day. That’s why we’ve decided to continue the celebration on Monday, Feb. 3 with a Virtual Registration Party!
Join us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. to participate in a series of fun events throughout the day. As an added bonus, anyone who comments, shares or @-replies during any of the events will be entered for a chance to win a free marathon registration!
No matter where you are located, all fans of the 2014 Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon & 1/2 Marathon are encouraged to come together online and celebrate the beginning of the incredible journey to the finish line. And, in case you can’t join us for the entire party, we’ve included the schedule of activities so you can come and go.
Virtual Registration Party Schedule:
- Wear a past Columbus Marathon & 1/2 Marathon Shirt. If this will be your first race, wear another item that proudly shows you’re a runner/walker.
- Change your social media avatar to the Columbus Marathon participant badge. (We’ll share the badge on our social channels first thing Monday morning)
10 a.m. – I’m participating because…:
- Share and comment on our photo telling us why you’re participating in the 2014 Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon & 1/2 Marathon! We’ll be posting the photo on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
11 a.m. – Favorite Memories:
- Share your favorite memory from a past Columbus Marathon on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram! If this will be your first time participating in the Columbus Marathon, share a favorite memory from any past race. Feel free to post photos, quotes, comments, etc. — and don’t forget to tag them with #cbusmarathon!
Noon – Twitter Hashtag Trivia:
- Think you know the Columbus Marathon? Join us on Twitter and see if you can answer our trivia questions! Beginning at noon, we’ll ask a question every 15 minutes. Know the answer? @-reply us with the answer and add the hashtag #cbusmarathon! The first person to reply with the correct answer will get a $25 gift certificate to Second Sole (note: one prize per person). Trivia answers can be found at http://www.columbusmarathon.com/ and on our blog.
1 p.m. – Patient Champion Hour:
- This hour is dedicated to the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Patient Champions. We’ll be sharing information on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram about how you can become a Children’s Champion, nominate a patient and raise money for the kids.
2 p.m. – Registration Give Away:
- We’ll wrap up our Virtual Registration Party by giving away a free registration to the 2014 Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon & 1/2 Marathon! A winner will randomly be selected and contacted during this hour.