As we put the final preparations in place for this year’s race, we’ll be sharing “26 Tips for 26.2 Miles” to make sure you’re ready to go on race day. Click here to read them all, or follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Don’t be running around town before you even start the race! Avoid the race-day hustle and bustle with today’s tip on parking solutions.
- Reserve a parking spot in advance at several convenient locations near the Columbus Marathon Start/Finish Line and throughout the city with Parking Panda here!
- Once purchased, Parking Passes for the Columbus Marathon are 100 percent guaranteed at the selected location. Inventory is limited and garages will fill up before the race, so it is strongly recommended that athletes, spectators and volunteers purchase Parking Passes if driving.
- NOTE: Be sure to check the hours of operation at your selected location before purchasing to ensure the location is open early enough to allow plenty of time to arrive on event morning.
- Exclusive Partner Promotion: Use promo code nchmarathon at checkout to receive 15 percent off your first reservation.
- Click here to purchase parking or select a location from the interactive map.
- For Arena District-specific parking, you can purchase parking passes near the combined Start & Finish Line online here.
- Park at The Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral downtown on Race Day and will make their parking lots available for $5/each at the following lots:
– 70 parking spots available at the church (555 N. High St.)
– 45 spots available at two blocks south of the church at 465 Armstrong
GET DOWNTOWN EARLY ON RACE DAY
Make plans PRIOR to race day to get downtown and into your parking spot well before the Race starts at 7:30 a.m. How early? The Corrals open at 5:45 a.m., so plan accordingly!
Here are some tips:
- Think how long it takes to get into downtown Columbus from your home or where you are staying. Got that number? Now double it! With 18,000 people making their way to the Start Line at the same time, you’ll need extra time to get where you want to be.
- We recommend carpooling. It cuts down on traffic and parking problems for all and will save you money!
- Check out the COTA bus schedule, CoGo Bike Sharing(there are several bike stations within walking distance of the start/finish) or Uber for an alternative to driving downtown.
- Tell your family and friends to ride their bikes to meet you at the Race! Yay Bikes will offer free, secure bike parking at the Start/Finish, and we also are promoting a self-guided bike tour of the course – for the route, click here.
- Make sure you know about any road closings/construction that may get in your way of being in your corral by 7 a.m. Check out Paving the Way’sWebsite for the latest road construction information, including weekend work.
If you review the above items thoroughly and make your plan a few days ahead of time, you should enjoy an easy, unhurried, unstressed start to your big day. Again, the Start Line Corrals open at 5:45 am!
DIRECTIONS TO THE START/FINISH AREA
- Long St. will be closed between High St. to the East and Hocking St. to the West.
- Spring St. will be closed from West St. to the East, and Hocking St. to the West.
- Neil Ave. will be closed from Nationwide Blvd. on the North to the combined Start/Finish Line to the South.
For directions to the start/finish area from all sides of the city, visit our parking page here.
Image Text: Make Your Parking Plan and Arrive Early!