Fourth Annual Columbus – Dresden Marathon Exchange
If you’re a runner and have a passion for different cultures and sharing your own, this is the event for you! You can play an active part in Columbus’ sister city relationships by participating in a marathon in Dresden, Germany.
For the fourth year in a row, Dresden and Columbus will be exchanging five people to run in each other’s marathons. This means we are looking for five people to be an athlete and cultural ambassador of Columbus and participate in the Dresden Marathon & Half Marathon, which coincides with the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon & ½ Marathon on October 18, 2015.
|Here’s what athlete ambassadors receive:
|· Free entry to the Dresden race category of your choice;
· Lodging with a host family in Dresden for 5 nights (Oct. 15 – 20, 2015);
· Transportation in Dresden on race weekend;
· Reception hosted by Dresden city officials;
· Sightseeing tour of Dresden (hosted by the City of Dresden)
· A contribution from Dresden Sister City, Inc. and the Columbus Marathon to help support your travel expenses
|Here’s what you need to be considered:||· Valid passport
· Interest in foreign cultures
· A winning attitude!
Interested in learning more, or being considered as Columbus Ambassador or host to a Dresden athlete? Send a note to Dorit Fratzscher at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application form by June 30!