Whether you’re running or walking, a novice or an expert, striving for a PR or doing it just for fun, completing a ½ marathon or marathon is no easy feat. While each participant should be proud of their accomplishment, every year we honor a select group of individuals who not only participate, but do so despite adversity.
If you know of a registered race participant who is overcoming a major obstacle while training for the 2015 Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon & ½ Marathon, nominate them for a Spirit Award!
“The Spirit Award is a way for the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon & ½ Marathon to recognize individuals who inspire and embody perseverance and strength. They are a testament to our sport and this event and it’s always an incredible privilege to celebrate them and their accomplishments.” – Darris Blackford, Race Director.
To nominate an individual for a 2015 Spirit Award, please email email@example.com by Wednesday, August 26 with the following information:
- The nominee’s name, phone and email address;
- The nominator’s name, phone number and email address;
- A 200-word-or-less description of why that person deserves to be recognized.
The board of trustees of the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon & ½ Marathon will 10 select Spirit Award winners; the 2015 event marks the eighth year for the program.
Read about last year’s inspirational winners here:
- Johnita Anderson and Barry Baker
- Jeff Beringer and Sarah Cawley
- Todd Lustig, Elizabeth Smith and Fred Girscht
- Guy Margiotta, Bill Reed and Jeness Sigman