As we put the final preparations in place for this year’s race, we’re sharing “26 Tips for 26.2 Miles” to make sure you’re ready to go on race day. Click here to read them all, or follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
More than 100,000 people watch the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon & ½ Marathon. We take pride in making it possible to see several different sections of the course over the duration of the race.
One of the best ways to do this is through our self-guided bicycle tour. Anyone with a bike (for those of you who don’t, COGO, Columbus’s bike sharing program is available), the self-guided bicycle tour helps outline several cheer spots along the course. This bike route is easy to follow and lets you visit key spots while not interfering with the race. Among the convenient options.
- Olde Town East (stop at the Angry Baker – yum!).
- Livingston Avenue United Methodist Church at the edge of German Village
- Harrison West (Katalina’s Café is worth a try, this time or anytime!).
- Roll: Bike Shop will have a check-in spot near mile 18, at Carmack Rd. and the Bike Path (on West Campus of The Ohio State University), to look over your bike.
- Yay Bikes will offer free, secure bike parking at the Start/Finish.
Ready to get on your bikes and ride? Check it out and download your biking route here.